- Internal segment zipper bag with adjustable strap
- Small Internal Pocket for cell phone/small items
- Top Quality Black leather adorned with burgundy & white woven insert
- Made on Waist Loom in the State of Oaxaca Mexico
- Durable Cotton-Polyester Blend Fabric
- Measurements: 10" H x 12" W x .5" Depth
- Adjustable Strap: 27"t 51" long
🎍THE WAIST LOOM TECHNIQUE USED IN THE APPLICATION OF THIS CROSS-BODY BAG
The waist loom is a very old technique used by Mesoamerican cultures. At present, artisans continue to use this technique to make some of the pieces they use for their clothing as well as items and accessories for the home. This technique used in some communities of Oaxaca and Chiapas, consists of intertwining threads of any type of fiber in a wooden loom, tying them to a pole or tree on one side and to the waist of the craftsman on the other; and interconnecting perpendicularly other threads with chopsticks to give the finish to the weft of the fabric.
The artisans weave long stripes of this fabric to then apply pieces of this to the bag. Only the elaboration of a woven strip like this can take up to 8 hours to make.