What You Should Know About Lace Front Wigs
What You Should Know About Lace Front Wigs
Gone are the days when women use wigs only as costumes, or to hide the state of their hair. Back in the day, women with little or no hair buy wigs to cover up for the loss of their own natural hair. This was really common among aging women and female cancer patients who had undergone chemotherapy and are suffering from Alopecia.
Women who use wigs in those days were always shy to let anyone know they had a wig on. They pretend it was their hair growing back in place.
Presently, times have changed as lots of women are into wigs more than their natural hair. And they are unapologetic about it.
Today, women use wigs anyhow and anytime they want. A lot of them see wigs as a fashion saving grace, and an opportunity to change their looks as often as they want, something they can't achieve with their natural hair.
Wigs have come to stay as an important tool in women's beauty regimen. And with wigs, there are no limits to the number of looks you can create in a short period of time.
Wigs are hair pieces made from either human hair, animal hair or synthetic fibres. They can be found in different styles, lengths, colours, and textures. There are lace front wigs, full lace wigs, human hair wigs, synthetic wigs, monofilament wigs, machine stitched wigs, hand tied and double weft wigs. The primary materials needed to make a wig are hair strands and a cap.
For this article, our focus is on the lace front wigs. Lace front wigs also known as lace frontal wigs, are wigs with a sheer lace panel, located in the front part of the head. These hair strands are attached to a lace or mesh, which is used only at the front of the hair, very close to the hairlines. The rest of the wig is made out of another material that is stronger than the lace. The strands used for lace front wigs can either be original human hair ( from India, China or Malaysia, etc.) or synthetic fibres.
There are two types of lace front wigs; there are the glued and glueless types. In making the glued type, the hair strands are attached to the lace with glues before they are attached to the natural hair.
Glueless lace front wigs are hand sewn into the mesh, for those who don't want adhesives or glues in their hairs.
Reasons the lace front wigs are popular among ladies are:
1. They look extremely natural. The skin-like sheer lace blends with your skin’s complexion, giving it the perfect natural look. They create the illusion that the hairline is totally yours, which helps to boost the confidence and appearance of the user.
2. Lace front wigs are lightweight, breathable and comfortable than any other wig.
3. With Lace front wigs, you can style your wig anyhow you want, creating different beautiful looks
4. They are durable. You can have your lace front wig on for as long as 6 weeks. All you need do is wash and moisturize often. Also, you can reuse it so many times, especially if you're going for the human hair lace front wigs.
5. You have the options of picking any length, style, color, material, and texture you want.
6. With lace front wigs, you can engage in any activities without fear of your wig coming off or being detected.
7. You can repair them easily if you're not planning to replace them any time soon.
Things to note about wearing Lace front wigs.
1. Your Lace Front Wig has an expiry date. You can only use it for as long as 6 weeks per use. Remove it after 6 weeks.
2. You need to secure your natural hair very well before wearing the wig so that your hair doesn't show under the wig.
3. Ensure the color of the sheen lace or mesh matches the color of your scalp.
4. Employ the services of an experienced stylist to help in making your wig, that's if you don't want to buy one.
5. You have to wash and condition it on a regular basis. You have to remove the wig from your head, to wash it properly. A mannequin's head is your best bet at keeping it in shape when you are washing it. After washing, air dry it, moisturize it and brush gently when it is dry.
How to wash: wash gently with shampoo in lukewarm water, rinse in cold water and shake off.
6. Don't rough handle your wig. The material is a delicate one, ensure you handle it with care all the time.
7. If you are using the glued wig, ensure you secure your natural hair before applying the glue. Make sure you use the right glue too.
8. The prices of lace front wigs vary from $45 to $500. You can make your choice according to your pocket size.
That's all you need to about the lace front wigs. Go ahead and look glamorous with your lace front wigs.