Benefits of Wearing Wigs
How can wigs improve one's life?
People use wigs for different reasons. It could be a hair-loss, bettering the appearance, wanting a specific look, or if one is a cancer patient undergoing chemotherapy.
Taking care of hair and changing hairstyles can often be time consuming, most people prefer their natural hair over anything superficial. What they don’t realize is that wigs are not only the easy means to look different but also one that keeps your natural hair intact. You can make your hair appear fuller, denser give it more volume, make it appear straight, curly however you wish it to be. Perming, straightening, curling can cause damage but protective styling like using wigs is a safer means to maintain styles.
Celebrities around the world have highly popularized the use of great wigs. Most African American wigs are appreciated for the convenience they provide. Besides, wigs are wonderful time savers. So, for working moms, busy corporate lawyers, crazy scheduled doctors, wigs are a unique time saving way to look great.
What are the other reasons for wearing wigs, you might wonder?
You can change from short, long, wavy to curly and straight looks in days or weeks without any personal hair damage. Some styles require severe combing, heat and you have to ask yourself whether you want to put your precious hair through all of that. You can freely try different styles like soft and bouncy curls, perfect ringlets, and straight look without even using a blow dryer. What other reason would you need?
The current trend sees extensions becoming highly popular, so embracing the idea of a wig would really be setting the next trend in pace. Which brings us to our next question.
How to select a wig?
- Pick a colour that works well with your skin tone, a shade that compliments the shape of your face, the colour of your eyes and your overall personality. Your skin tone is the best guide while picking the colour of your wig.
- There are three kinds of skin tones: warm, cool and neutral; for warm skin tone chestnut browns usually go well, for cool – raven black is a blind pick.
- The best wigs usually are the ones that look like they could have been your natural hair.
- You will always find affordable wigs if you look well, but don’t always choose them for their cost, but their quality.
There are different kinds of hair wigs, lace fronts, full lace wigs, human hair wigs, synthetic wigs, full cap wigs among others.
For instance a lace front is made to resemble the natural hair line. It comes with a strip of lace that is used to fit your head shape and hairline. It gives you a more natural look and you could surprise those around you with different styles.
While the lace front wig gives the appearance of a natural hair line. The base of a lace front wig isn’t made of lace, but of a thicker material that is even more comfortable.
For a round face, short, spiky pixie wigs, with a length that touch the collarbone or the jawline suit well. For a heart shaped face, a short pixie wig that can be tousled should be thought of and for a square face, a wig that would soften the jawline should be considered.
Human hair wigs for instance are valued for their natural movement, you can use a synthetic blend wig along with the human hair wig. A blended wig heavier than a full synthetic, but significantly lighter than a full human hair wig! If you want a human hair look without the weight, blends are definitely what you should look at!
For African American women there are different styles that work wonders- curls, tresses are something of a safe go-to style. Other than these, bangs, lace fronts and human hair blends are quite the popular choice.
The Bob hair-style from the 20’s has been a classic and has never gone out of trend. Even today we have variants of this style. Shorter, longer, wavy, curly, choose the right bob wig that will enhance your face.
The chin length bob suits almost everyone, it is perfect for women with thin hair and gives a fuller volume to their head.
If you have stern features a shorter bob will work well, if you are not comfortable with a real short version a layered bob wig is something you can look at!
Before you choose your wig there are also a few things to keep in mind:
- If a wig is not attached properly it could come off, the ones that are glued have a higher possibility of coming off than the ones that were sewed.
- If it is summer time, a human hair wig could make you feel really hot.
- Wigs require maintenance, you need to ensure that the piece is in good shape by washing it with a quality shampoo, conditioner.
- Swimming while wearing a wig is forbidden
You can always choose your look, your hair and that too without a hassle. That is the freedom of wigs. But, make sure to understand everything about the wig before you put it on!